1. Descriptions, Prices, Payment terms and Title
Prices are quoted for bottles or cases unless otherwise stated.
A bottle contains 750ml.
A half bottle contains 375ml.
A magnum contains 1.5l.
A case is 12 x 750ml bottles or equivalent unless otherwise stated.
- Prices are quoted in Hong Kong dollars (HK$) unless otherwise stated.
- The information found in our price list and on the website is for general information only and does not form part of a contract. Products, vintages and prices may change throughout the duration of a wine list.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All wines are offered for sale lying in Hong Kong, except en primeur and certain wines on the Fine Wine List. The location of Fine Wines is indicated on the list.
Payment must be received before goods are dispatched. Payment can be made by the following methods:
- By cheque made payable to Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd.
- By transfer to Hang Seng Bank, a/c: 773-867817-883 under the name Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd.
- By Paypal on the website.
Unfortunately we cannot accept payment by credit card at this time unless it is through Paypal.
All wines remain the property of Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd. until paid for in full.
2. How to order
- You must be of legal drinking age in your country to order wine.
- You may order via our website www.wellspringwines.com.
- Other orders must be received in writing by fax or email.
- All orders will be subject to final confirmation by Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd. If for any reason we are unable to fulfill your order we will inform you as soon as possible offering you the chance to accept a replacement of at least equivalent value and quality or to cancel the order. Once orders are paid for they can only be cancelled with a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to delivery. In these circumstances money will be credited to the customer’s account for future purchases.
- All offers are subject to availability.
3. Delivery, damages, shortfalls, discrepancies
Prices quoted for delivery are for Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories. For delivery to outlying islands please contact us.
Delivery is free to one location for orders over HK$1,200. Orders below this amount will be subject to a minimum charge of HK$80 per location. Please confirm your delivery instructions at the time of ordering.
Customers are requested to inspect wines on delivery and to notify Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd. immediately of any damages, shortfalls or discrepancies. Claims cannot be entertained at a later date. For damage claims please retain the packaging for inspection.
We cannot accept return wines for any reason including corked wines. We do not offer refunds or exchanges except as described in # 2 above.
5. Wine conditions
Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd. strives to offer wines in the best possible condition. The condition of wine will change over time and ullage (the amount of wine lost through leakage) is a normal occurrence and allowance should be made for this. Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd. will indicate where a wine is not in the appropriate condition.
Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd. will charge a storage fee of HK$20 per bottle per month for wines that have been purchased but not delivered or collected after 30 days.
7. “en primeur”
Wines bought “en primeur”, that is before being bottled and shipped, are for delivery up to 36 months after release depending on the region. These can only be purchased in unmixed cases. Prices are quoted “In Bond” in London. Prices are for cases of 12 bottles unless otherwise stated. Please confirm the eventual delivery at the time of your order. Shipping to Hong Kong will be charged at HK$350 per cases plus insurance 1.5% of value of wine.
While Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd makes every effort to ensure that the information contained on its website is current and accurate we provide no guarantees as to the accuracy of the information. Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd reserves the right to alter information without notice.
We treat the issue of privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about the way in which we handle this issue please do not hesitate to contact us
We collect personal information when you register with us or email us. We collect relevant personal information in order to transact sales:
- Name, mailing address, billing address and or delivery address
- Email address, fax and/or telephone number in order to confirm orders
- Payment details
Please note that we may contact a credit reference agency in order to verify your address.
We will use your personal information for:
- transacting sales
- providing you with information about our products and services
- compiling information on our customer database
We will not pass your information to a third party without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We take necessary steps to keep personal information secure.
10. Applicable law
The terms and conditions and all our contracts are governed by Hong Kong SAR Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong SAR courts.
“Force majeure”. We will not be liable for any failure to meet our obligations due to circumstances beyond our control. If any provision in these terms and conditions is found by a court to be invalid, ineffective or unenforceable the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to be valid and effective.
Wellspring Wines Co. Ltd. November 2009